Why I'm Way Smarter Than You

"Those who know and know they know are wise, listen to them. Those who do not know and know that they do not know are intelligent, teach them. Those who do not know and do not know that they do not know are dangerous, smite them." -- unknown, paraphrased

I've haven't given up on the last group. This blog is dedicated to them.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Why I Started Blogging

I started this blog a couple days ago because I kept saying to myself, "self, you always seem to see things as they will happen in the future and you are always right. But, how can you prove it?" At that point I decided, guess I need to write it down and watch what happens. Oftentimes I was predicting things years before they happened. Sometimes I made my predictions when the writing was on the wall yet others refused to see. This prediction is going to be easy though.

GM and Ford both earned junk bond status yesterday. What's that mean? Well, it means that Standard and Poor's thinks these two companies have debt which they are less than likely to be able to repay. In other words S&P believes that these companies are sucking wind big time.

Here's the prediction. Conservatives are going to blame the unionized shops of GM and Ford for the failure of these companies. They'll ignore that these companies' CEOs and managers completely and utterly threw away their headstart against Honda and Toyota in the alternative fuel and hybrid categories. They'll ignore the President's inaction on rising fuel prices. They'll ignore the Big Two's reliance on SUV and truck sales. They're going to blame Joe Bumperbolter wanting to have dental care for his kids.

As the managers and vice-presidents bail from these companies and you watch their golden parachutes transport them a long way from River Rouge, you'll hear them lamenting that if only little Mary Jane Windsheildinstaller had just not gotten sick forcing her mother to demand that her insurance company cover her six day hospital stay... the Big Two would be sailing high in oceans of cash. Don't believe those lies.

You'll hear the right-wing parroting these thoughts. They'll forgive the vice-presidents who ignored the hybrid market. Toyota and Honda have had hybrids on the market for over five years now. But, don't blame the VP or the CEO. Blame Auntie Seatcushionsewer. If her little Johnny had just not broken his arm during his Little League game... Don't let the liars get to you. When they tell you it was the union's fault, remind them that the union contracts are actually the only thing stable in these businesses. The market which the managers failed to project correctly was far less stable. Why did these managers fail so miserably? And, when will the conservatives realize that their scapegoating of unions doesn't have legs anymore?

I don't really consider myself omniscient nor prescient, merely cognizant of my surroundings and the tactics of the right-wing in the U.S. So, mark these words. Put a link in your browser right now. And, in the next couple months, come back to it often so you can see that my ability to see the future simply by knowing the nature and tactics of the Republicans is just another reason why I am way smarter than you.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger John said…

    3:53 PM today, Sean Hannity on the radio. Blamed Ford and GM's problems on who? Unions.

    Told ya so.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger w8in said…

    Um..you're not supposed to comment on your own posts :-P

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger John said…

    Shut up... no one else is reading my brilliant work so I will comment all I please.

    Good to see someone as bright as w8in is stopping by... where's the rest of the crew?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home